Friday, May 28, 2010

Let Us Eat Cake!

We are almost to the end of the year!  To help motivate the class to turn in the last assignment (Titration Lab Part II), I will buy a cake for the class if everyone turns in the lab.

Lab Details:  Due Thursday 6/3, although for cake I will accept it up to Monday 6/7.  Put all of your group members' names on your lab report.  No others besides these people should have the same data as you.

For the Lab Write up, you need:
1)  Purpose/Problem Statement
2)  Hypothesis (what you will do, what you expect, and why)
3)  Background Information (different from what I put on the lab hand-out and unique to you).
4)  Materials
5)  Procedure (do not say "see hand-out or simply repeat the instructions for part I.)
6)  Neat and organized data table with labels, units, and title.
7)  Calculations:  show work.  Compare moles of base remaining to moles of base in tablet calculated with stoichiometry.
8)  Conclusion/Evaluation.  Refer to hypthesis, use specific data, explain results, discuss sources of error/uncertainty.

P.S.  If you want to get an early start on Final Exam review, I have just put the Review Packet in the Documents section.

No comments:

Post a Comment