Sunday, April 11, 2010

New for 4th Quarter

Can you believe we are in the final stretch?? I know I can't.

A few things will be different during 4th quarter and I want to give you a heads up. First of all, Test Corrections will only be available for students who score below a 70% on the test. This is the way I have always done it in previous years, and now I remember why. The amount of paper-shuffling involved in trying to get 120 students to take a test and then retake it for corrections has been a drain on my time and energy, and I still haven't been able to help the students who need the most help. Students scoring below a 70% on a test can do test corrections during FLEX to bring their score back up to 70%.

In addition, I offer the 4th quarter "deal". Basically it allows you to select how much you want to weigh your final exam (between 10% and 40%) if you meet the necessary criteria. We will be reviewing classroom expectations surrounding cell phones, eating, whining, and attendance on the first day of 4th quarter. Most students are enthusiastic about this offer, and it helps motivate students to make good choices at the end of the year. I hope this is the best quarter yet for all of us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment